The Subject of the Project: To provide the skills which individuals with autism and intellectual disabilities will need after disasters and emergencies by producing innovative educational materials.
Target Audience of the Project: Individuals with autism and intellectual disabilities. They are usually trained using visual materials with special education methods such as one-on-one and face-to-face. For this reason, parents and caregivers of these individuals have also been identified as target audiences to provide special education opportunities.
The Objectives of the Project to be achieved are as follows:
- – To ensure that individuals with autism and intellectual disability can communicate with the right people after disasters and emergencies,
- – To ensure that they display the correct behaviour shapes to stay safe,
- – To integrate these individuals into the disaster and emergency management system,
- – To increase the professional knowledge and skills of the project partners and related participants.
The final goals as a policy are: It is aimed to affect the policies and programs that can be developed in order to overcome the deficiencies in disaster and emergency awareness training and rehabilitation of disabled individuals including autism and intellectual disability.
Content of the Project:
- Dictionary of disaster and emergency basic terms adapted for individuals with autism and intellectual disabilities and prepared with special teaching methods,
- Educational content consisting of video, animation and digital books that teach correct behaviours after disasters and emergencies,
- Digital library for disasters and emergencies prepared specifically for these individuals,
- The correct behaviours of the personnel working in disasters and emergencies in their approach to these individuals.
Project Partnership: The project partnership was created by bringing together organizations with different expertise in disaster and emergency situations, autism and down syndrome, distance education, disability, design, education, risk management and innovation in line with the subjects and objectives.
- Macedonian Scientific Society for Autism – The Republic of North Macedonia
- Tohum Autism Foundation – Turkey
- Down Sendromu Dernegi – Turkey
- European Down Syndrome Association – Belgium
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, CeDisMa – Italy
- Yersis Analiz Modelleme Eğitim Danişmanlik Hizmetleri San. Ve Tic. Ltd. Şti. – Turkey
- Eskisehir Osmangazi Universites – Turkey